Reviving the art of making small clothes and a class of dolls to wear them.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sneak Peek

Modeling clothing.

Back Torso with arms basted on.

Front/side torso.

Although the button joints were simple to make (there is a good lesson online here While She Naps-button joints). I am not sure if they are realistic enough to mimic human limb and joint movement for me.  The doll that comes closest to this is a Saha doll, shown below. Her limbs and head are strung with elastic cord that connects through a rings in her torso. I have ordered some cotter pin joints and will attempt to do this when they arrive. I also want to try  bead joints for the elbows and knees.



As far as the shape of my prototype. It is a bit early to say, but I am generally happy except the length of the neck needs to be shortened. She is also not consistently symmetrical. I need to take my sharpie drawn on tracing pattern pieces and even them out in Adobe illustrator. Some thing to keep the momentum while I wait for the cotter joints and bead joints.

No comments:

Post a Comment