Reviving the art of making small clothes and a class of dolls to wear them.

Monday, December 17, 2012

a small history


When it comes to sewing and knitting—I prefer small.

Small projects, small clothing, especially doll clothes.

I think small.  When I see a children’s sweater or a dress I like, I start miniaturizing the pattern for the doll version in my head.

I have been sewing clothing small and otherwise since I was eight. I have sewn doll clothing for my sister, cousins, daughters, nieces, friends, friends’ daughters, school auctions, charity auctions and eBay. I have given away over a dozen Sasha dolls all with accompanying wardrobes and probably as many American Girl dolls. 

Below are a few examples.






I love to design the clothing. As for style, I prefer classic yet playful. I also like to mix it up a bit. The combinations need to be playful.

I enjoy attention to detail. Vintage hem tapes, finishing seams with a tiny serger stitch, hand stitching, pretty linings, tiny tags. No detail is to small to have fun with.

No comments:

Post a Comment